View Single Post
Old 2010-03-02, 15:21   Link #5950
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka View Post
Yes, I agree with you. She didn't want to die. She wanted to live. She lied to herself and said she was okay with watching him from afar, but that wasn't true. She wanted to be with him.
AAA-MAAAAAAA-ZIIINNG!!!!!

\O/

Did we really need that many iterations for that?

Quote:
It's exactly what Hina went through when she figured out her own feelings and told Ayumu. She agonized over not telling her for a long time, and tried to convince herself to do what she originally promised, but in the end, couldn't keep it up and admitted her weakness to her friend.

But in this case, Athena wasn't betraying anyone. She didn't know that Hina liked Hayate. She hadn't offered to help her win him. The only change was Athena admitting it to herself.

So I don't understand why it's okay for Hinagiku to do this and "betray" her promise to a friend, but Athena must be castigated for "betraying" a promise made to no one but herself.
I'm not sure what makes you think that I would absolve Hina and accuse Athena, I don't think I ever argued in this direction, so I'll file that under "counterattack". In fact, I like your analogy, I agree that there's a certain similarity in realizing something you didn't realize before.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote