View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 17:37   Link #2005
ion475
にこにこにー

Well...

1. Yuki beating Biribiri, well, last year it was 4510-4319, this year 3951-4227. 2010 is 3388-3241. So it's 51.1% -> 51.08% -> 48.3%. Definitely a drop in power of Biribiri. Of course, some people may be looking for 3-peat...
2. Erio-Mato is as close as it can get. Hack, even in overall record they're basically head to head. Of course, it's not super good news for a Erio fan like me, knowing that Mato is not exactly super strong...
3. Quite frankly, the only "true" opponent Eu beat was Kuroneko back in last period. So not huge surprise that she's undefeated. Hack, Yurippe is 13-1 (at least she beat some worthy opponents and only lost is to Yui-nyan, which is expected) and Kirino is 12-2. The strength difference b/t the Top 10 in Nova and the rest is fairly big (Top 11...I didn't quite include Victorique since her VD is just scarily low)
4. Kyoko gets her first win. Yuno is destined to go 0-35?
5. On the other side, both Taiga and Shana handles their business, although at the expense of two K-On girls...
6. And sigh, Kagami-sama, beating Ikaros by only 100 now...

As for the necklace. Taiga has a headstart. Basically it's Kuroneko, Taiga, Shana, and Yuki contending (I don't see Saber getting enough votes in a necklace match). Eu, despite her record, basically has 0 chance since she'll have to overcome a 6% difference against Taiga...

Of course, it's tough choice for me since I like the top 2 (Kuroneko & Taiga) while at the same time, want a 3-peat...

Quote:
If nothing else, there's been some significant power fluctuations this year, and they tend to be at the 'high end' too. Some of these power fluctuations I like (Saber getting stronger), some of these I don't like, but the net effect is a definite positive: Much more unpredictability and some actual surprises in important matches.
Basically, the only thing I observe...
1. Mato rise from last year, but for obvious reason
2. Saber & Eu getting help from new anime
3. Nova side = people just keep voting for the "older" name. Top 7 are all returning and 4 out of the 7 are way exceeding their record last year so far (Yurippe, Yui-nyan, Charlotte, Kirino).
4. Stella side = Saber and Rin both have Fate/Zero to boost them (Rin is already close to surpass her # of wins from last year). Shinobu is the other one but she's not exactly veteran in most sense...
5. At the end, battle between Tier 1 girls has always been unpredictable anyway...okay, except any "Tier 1" battle involving Homura.

Quote:
Kanade continues to steamroll at the very top, of course, but last year alone proved she's not totally invincible. It's good to see a relatively 'wide open' ISML.
Well, Stella is competitive for the most part. Nova? Not so much unless you consider that muddle in the middle "wide open" (Which it is, b/c it's nearly impossible to predict most of those matches...)

Last edited by ion475; 2012-06-19 at 17:55.