Thread: Licensed K (Anime project)
View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 21:40   Link #589
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

Episode 1:

- Eh, I didn't really mind the male bonding in this episode. As of right now I see no reason why this would go down any BL route (like Junjou Romantica). I'd say at best it will be at Kuroko no Basuke's level, which is still just guys being platonicly tsundere to each other.

- The problem I have with this episode then, is that it felt like I was watching a 24 minute trailer. It's just all these scenes that looks quite cool, but currently have no connection with each other. I have no problem with the whole "Evil Shiro alter-ego" thingy not being explained yet, as this will probably be central to the main plot, but I wish at least some questions were answered. What are these flames? What are those big towery things that rise into the sky when the two gangs started battling? Why is a SWAT team so intimidated by a bunch of kids that look like they belong in a sum41 music video? My guess is that a bit more episodes in these different gangs and their agenda will start to connect and perhaps make sense. So really it depends on the patience of the viewer.

- Oh, and the blue. When it gets too blue, I just think of them being underwater, like Sponge Bob. I don't mind it that much. The atmosphere and setting of show is pretty nice.

- That skateboarding kid made a pretty big impression on me. I eagerly await future scenes with him and hope his future fight scenes will be something like this:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
       /
      / \|
    /

Last edited by winhlp32; 2012-10-10 at 03:15. Reason: intimidated.
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote