Thread: Crunchyroll Hentai Ouji to Warawanai Neko
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-04, 18:02   Link #529
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Which basically says (rough rendition): "The anime industry is short-handed, so I understand outsourcing is common practice. But when it comes to things that are not in the original work, not in the storyboard, not in the project photography, and that have never even been seen or talked about before, I hope you'll forgive the outsourcing companies for coming up with something on their own."*

(In other words: it's just an extra unplanned prop, and they filled it with a random image, not some sort of conspiracy.)

* Edit: I saw a certain "infamous site" made their own translation of this tweet and put a different spin on it that I suppose also makes sense. Rather than being "I hope you'll forgive", it may be more correct to read it as "I really wish they wouldn't" ("kanben", instead of "yurusu"), as in "I really wish the outsourced companies wouldn't insert this on their own". He also says in a subsequent tweet that this will be corrected on the DVDs/BDs, but it just means more more work for the overworked main staff so it's annoying. I think the insinuation is still the same: that it's an unplanned prop that got filled with a random image by a subcontractor, and not a conspiracy.

Edit 2: I see ANN has an article up about this now, and they have a different take... but I'm pretty sure they're wrong in the first part where they translate it as "product placement" is common. It's that subcontracting is common.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-05-05 at 16:59.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote