View Single Post
Old 2004-12-20, 04:10   Link #83
arias

Points well observed, dreamless. ^_^.. I do agree that the impact of the Akemi/Tetsu side-story is HUGE, but I disagree that it overwhelms the main plot. In fact, things just move on.. it's not like at the end of the final episode you're still hankering on the Akemi arc; there IS a reason why she isn't mentioned after her part ends. Everything just revolves around Chise/Shuuji after that. You'll probably find this happens in many anime; the saddest arc doesn't necessarily happen at the end of the story, it could happen within it. I can think of Ninku, Bleach, and FMA as examples.

At the same time, I think that the later half of Saikano was pretty messy; and perhaps too improvised. Like how you thought the environmental theme was, which I totally agree with.

And I also completely disagree with your RahXephon comment, because structurally it should *aid* the flow of the story rather than diminish the impact of its end. (MINI SPOILER FOR RAHXEPHON) RahXephon ends on a good note, so it's kind of a " U " structural formation, where the Asano arc could serve as the lowest point..

Meh. I think the OVA might suck.. but who knows. Let's wait and see..
arias is offline   Reply With Quote