View Single Post
Old 2008-09-22, 14:22   Link #1
Shenmue

Anime Suggestions

I am relatively new to watching anime. Looking for something that is quite thought provoking with an air of mystery. I don't mind what genre it is, even if it has dashes of comedy thats fine.

Anime Ive liked.

Neon Genesis Evangelion-Not a huge mecha fan, but I liked how this anime had realistic characterisations and the abstract overtones of the story were pretty good.

Cowboy Bebop-Loved how it took things from different genres and it meshed well.
Kenshin Trust and Betrayal-I liked how the anime was quite cinematic, the characters and the historical setting were very authentic and its gritty tone. (Some of it made squeamish though, lol)

Ghost In a Shell: SAC-Very stylish, has great production values, up there with any hollywood movie.

Mushi-shi-Like the laidback nature of it all, its a breath of fresh air.

Full Metal Alchemist-Perfect, in regards for what I look for.

Haibane Renmei-Going to watch this, seems to be good.

Wolf's Rain-Tried to get into this, it had eveything going for it, but there was something missing from it that it made it abit hollow, still need time to make up my mind on this.

Trigun-Hilarious adventure of Vash.

Akira-Nothing much needs to be said, lol.

Kenshin: Reflections-Abit of skewed ending to the Tv series, but not bad.

Can't make my mind up on Elfen Lied. Chobits I didn't really like, the Persicons seemed devoid of personality..

In terms of romance anime, if anyone could help me there aswell. The ones Ive liked are..

Maison Ikkoku & Honey and Clover, Nodame Cantabile- Especially loved the first two, both are great pieces of slice of life, romance and comedy. There's true character growth in there aswell. Being a university student, I liked these three. Lastly but not least Kimagure Orange Road series which I found quite authentic and touching.

I am not into the harem genre that Love Hina popularised. Love triangles, etc are fine though.

Thanking everyone in advance for taking the time to help me out.

Last edited by Shenmue; 2008-09-22 at 15:23.