View Single Post
Old 2008-09-23, 07:24   Link #9
Shenmue

Everyone put a lot of effort into these suggestions, Cats, Rawgers, SeijiSensei, kafka, Reckoner, Aquillion, thanks for your help. I was pretty confused as to what to watch now, after those anime, so there's plenty to see now. A lot of my choices previously have been in the well known variety, with the one or two comparatively overlooked old gems like Maison Ikkoku or Kimagure Orange Road. So its cool, that my breadth of anime viewing will become more refined. Death Note, Monster, hmm these choices definantly seem to fit the bill, they're also pretty well known.

In terms of the plain deep that WingedDarkness suggested seems pretty interesting. Ergo Proxy, xxxholic have seconded by Rawgers. SenjiSensei and Reckoner. So will be one of the first of those I watch. SeijiSensei you say Boogiepop Phantom, Paranoia Agent, and Ergo Proxy are like NGE. NGE hmmm, when I watched it, I wasn't really acquainted with its pervasive hype in the anime community, which was a good thing probably. I think thats the best way to watch these ones mentioned, keep a neutral view and may end up enjoying them. Your suggestion of Noein is cool, heard about Ghost Hound and Denno Coil, seems to be getting a lot of word of mouth recently.

Kafka, Reckoner suggest besides Ergo Proxy, Texhnolyze aswell, if its slow paced, its not really that much of concern to me. If anyone has heard of Shenmue, one of my favourite games, it was put down often for its lack of action, but its ambitious move to replicate Yokosuka was for its time well worth it.

Rawgers, you have suggested quite a few anime. I thought Eureka 7 was reminding me of something in terms of animation, lol. Something about the main protaganist was too irritating for me, so was put off by it. Baccano should be fine, sounds interesting, though Higurashi might be too much for me as you say lol. Ill have a look at the anime suggested.

Aquillion you have suggested Twelve Kingdoms which I'll try to watch aswell. Kare Kano is the one where the main couple are actually in a relationship from the beginning right? Which would make an intriguing change from other romantic anime. .

Spoiler for Maison Ikkoku:

Spoiler for Kimagure Orange Road TV to Shin:

I'll have a look at Paradise Kiss, FMP aswell.

Last edited by Shenmue; 2008-09-23 at 08:43.