View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 12:16   Link #2204
Zork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
There was no need for Lambda to be the Judge in this game. Lambda just decided to do so by herself. I think there are two main possibilities to explain Lambda's behavior:

1) Letting Bern win this game was in her plans since the beginning. After all Bern would just win a battle not the war. The fact that a sixth game was in program means that Bern still didn't win on all fronts. Maybe Lambda had something in mind for that sixth game.

2) Lambda doesn't care that much about Bern winning, so far she just lied and the only thing she cares is to enjoy this game and enjoy seeing Bern struggling to solve it.
I vaguely recall someone in EP 5 stating that Lambda wanted to sway Battler over to the witch's side. It makes some sense from a strategic standpoint; while Battler is earnestly playing the witch side he can't meet his initial winning condition (disprove witches) and end the game.

Given that, leaving Beato and Natsuhi exposed and helpless against Bern's attacks could be part of her plan. Battler isn't exactly hard to predict. I'm sure she knew that he would jump to their aid rather than supporting his supposed ally Erika, especially after piece Battler had done the same in Kinzo's study. Then, of course, there's the retrial which she is all too happy to grant to him.