View Single Post
Old 2010-01-15, 16:45   Link #2207
Smeckledorf
Intellectual Rapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knicknevin View Post
I kind of wonder about Lambda's motivations myself. She's been helping Battler off and on since she first appeared in Episode 2. Granted, she usually only helps him when he's about to lose.

But consider this- if she hadn't picked up where Beato left off and played through Episode 5, the whole trial charade would have never taken place. Without the trial, Battler wouldn't have been thoroughly trounced by Dlanor and Knox's Decalogue. Without that defeat, he wouldn't have taken the time to think through all the things Dlanor and Virgilia taught him, and he wouldn't have solved the mystery.

Instead, he would have lounged around in the Golden Land, vainly trying to make sense of Beato's moves while Virgilia gives him the occasional pointer, and gotten noplace. The same thing would have happened if Lambda debunked Erika's theory by saying that Kinzo is dead with the red. The trial would have ended and it'd be back to business as usual for Battler.

And remember, Lambda isn't just all too happy to give Battler a retrial, she even hands him the Game Master's position, status as a Sorcerer, overrules Bern's objections, and lets him win the new trial:Battler is not the culprit in any game. She could have trashed his crazy theory and given the win back to Erika, who would have had a mangled but still workable theory. Hell, when Dlanor was denying any red or blue regarding Kinzo, Lambda even hinted there was another option.

Is Lambda helping Battler, hindering him, or trying to make the game reach a perpetual stalemate?
Battler may not be a culprit in any game, it may be a dirty trick but if we consider he in actuality is not Battler Ushiromiya then he can still be the culprit. If he is the child from 19 years ago, then it is likely he was born under a different name and then it is debatable what name he is actually to use. I believe Beatrice never said YOU aren't the culprit, if she has then ignore this part.
Anyways, the witches seem to use red truth freely but if they really could then Bern would have her answer by now. She could just go down the list of names saying in red each time [name] is not the culprit. When she does not get red she has her answers. There has to be some sort of limit to the red they can use is the most probable answer in my opinion.