View Single Post
Old 2012-03-14, 10:45   Link #2289
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
It's actually interesting to notice that the harder to achieve ending - what some people would characterize as the "true" ending, by such standards - is the more Renegade and, like you put, racist one, eh?

I'd like to see the reasoning behind this.
That just reminded me of how Marvel Comics tried to have a balanced portrayal of the two sides in the Civil War plot-line, but utterly failed.

The game assumes that we hate robots. Seriously, that's what it boils down to. The final ending is written for those who want the geth dead. And even the Synthesis ending is entirely morally wrong.
Spoiler for synthesis ending:
That's NOT the actions of a sane Shepard!

The Reaper's entire logic is flawed. All of it. It is the creation of a low grade computer program I wouldn't feel fit to make my morning tea. The fact that the writing staff actually thought it was acceptable, tells us all we need to know; they are not capable of writing a better ending. The original writer for ME 1 and 2 have already left, so I guess that's to be expected.

EDIT: There is a source claiming that the original script was like TTGL mixed with Madoka; The Reapers were trying to prevent Dark Energy from destroying the world. But it seems instead they changed it to blame robots instead.
Now we KNOW this game is going to fail in Japan, even more than usual. Robo-phobia doesn't fly in the land of the rising sun.

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2012-03-14 at 10:56.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote