View Single Post
Old 2012-10-24, 01:53   Link #9
Jmac
Sharing my world thru art
*Artist

I have to agree with everyone above about this side story. It gave me a Gundam Zeta familiar feeling to it in a way that UN Spacey is becoming corrupted and complacent with the status quo and the tone is more darker than the easy going pace of SDF. Ishtar and all the Emulators were hot and I was digging their sense of fashion.

Now on a more serious note to my fellow marathoners:
If your marathoning through the franchise and your going in chronological order then this OVA will be last, because it takes place 30 years after Frontier. However, bear in mind that is this a parallel universe don't be surprised if there's no mention of space colonization, because of the alternate retelling of the story in DYRL, humanity stayed in the solar system and space colonization never happened and that Macross II isn't considered canon by Studio Nue. If your going by air date, like me, feel free watch it anytime after SDF or Plus, but before 7. Reason is the changes in animation will throw your eyes for a loop, since Macross II was made in '92 and 7 in '95, but the changes are very apparent even though its only 3 years. Other than that happy marathoning!

Also, some people stay that your better off skipping this OVA, but if your a franchise marathoner then it's our duty to watch EVERYTHING in the franchise, even the bad apples too.

Last edited by Jmac; 2012-10-24 at 02:03.
Jmac is offline   Reply With Quote