View Single Post
Old 2008-05-28, 05:44   Link #857
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Sorry, Guppy, I have misunderstood you as i thought you were traying to put the blame on the system rather on Henrietta.
I understand how I came across that way; I was trying to respond specifically to hchuang's statement that Henrietta's callousness (when acting against her internal opponents) was shocking.

Quote:
I would understand if she would be lying to her political opponents but she is also two-faced with Louise, who should be her best friend.
I agree with you on this one; Henrietta is rather hypocritical and two-faced - and I think she herself knows this, and isn't exactly proud of it (not that that stops her, of course). I'm not necessarily surprised that she's not very open with Louise, however; if Louise knew everything, it's likely that even she would have reconsidered her loyalty to Henrietta by now.

Quote:
I do agree that if not impossible acts from Louise and Saito she would have been in a pitch, but I do not see that as an argument that she is less calculated manipulator.
It's not that Henrietta isn't a calculating manipulator (when she wants to be, anyway) - it's just that I don't think she's all that good at it, and so I'm a bit skeptical about whether she can be a credible final antagonist as hchuang postulates. It might happen, but Henrietta will have to make one heck of a step up first.
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote