View Single Post
Old 2014-10-13, 21:39   Link #87
Diggy DaCosta

Warning: I'm a big Rosario + Vampire fan, so this post is R+V-centric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sackett View Post
A reboot could be done for the superior animation/budget - an example would be the new Sailor Moon series, or Space Battleship Yamato 2199.
Rosario + Vampire the anime has been lauded in some circles (OK, youtube critics but still) for it's artwork and character drawing. You *could* say Inner Moka looks more 21 than 16 or 17, but both are drawn well to describe their beauty. I think the animation art and English voice acting quality from the anime was fine. Which leads me to...

Quote:
A reboot can also be desired to change the storyline, an example being Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood which followed the manga story instead of the anime original ending of the first series.
BINGO!!! Reason #1 amongst most R+V fans as to why a reboot is sorely needed. Among other things, how can you not want to see all those fight scenes animated - the serious ones like Moka vs. Kahlua, all of Tsukune's fights, Kurumu/Mizore Black & White Duet, or any of the Fairy Tale-related fights.

Quote:
A reboot might also be desirable to change the emphasis of a series, or to eliminate filler or fluff, or to add greater time to more fully develop characters, or maybe just to change the pacing.
Reason #2 for a reboot! Significant character development that the anime NEVER touched. There's a (in-canon) reason Mizore is ready to make babies with Tsukune like ASAP (lol); her backstory is legit. Moka's backstory is tied into the main plot of the 2nd season, and it's pretty heavy. So is Inner Moka's gradual "defrosting". And I think the depiction of Kurumu's determination and love despite knowing she's the runner-up to Moka is very touching.

The reboot should stay at least 90% to the source material and follow the storylines in order. The other 10% can be extra scenes/character interactions that, while not completely central to plot can value-add (ex: extra scenes where Inner Moka adds extra emphasis on her tsun half of her tsundere act twds Tsukune).

Quote:
(by GreyZone) Since it seems that the manga is finished, now they could do a reboot. However since anime adaptions are usually made to boost manga/LN/VN sales, it is unlikely to happen..
Usually... and I believe that a well-done reboot, with a well-done marketing campaign, can definitely push merchandising. You can absolutely do an action RPG (in a Kingdom Hearts-style - yup I said it) based of this series. And if you find a studio that's willing to take American marketing seriously (because we dig vampires), it can do well.

There's too much here not to work with.
Diggy DaCosta is offline   Reply With Quote