View Single Post
Old 2011-11-07, 01:27   Link #74
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
While I find her very annoying in this episode in the way she acts and portrayed, I can't really say I don't understand her point of view. The UE is for all intents and purposes is dangerous and if she seems to be one of the two only people out there in the anime that seems to even want to lookout for Flit. She cares more about getting Flit away in one piece before he gets obsessed about fighting UE more. I don't think her comments about him looking like he's turned more and more into a soldier in the last episode to be that far off.

Even Flit's fighting the UE thing is quite new, I don't think he ever planned to literally fight them. He just made the Gundam as a weapon, is willing to give to to Drace on the first episode without so much as fuss and now he is adamant he does not want to give it to anyone. He wants to use it to protect everyone but I'm beginning to see that Woolf's comment that he "likes it" may be comign true. Flit even have the usual categorical denial shortly after Woolf said it.

Reminds me a bit of Setsuna's addicted to fighting problem I guess (it was mentioned to be his "food" in his Monologue), which he really never solved up until the end.

Not that all of us would upset that Flit turned to be more of a soldier, we would expect it as viewers of the show, but I guess from a more real grounded point of view, your more concerned about getting your loved one home in one piece than say risking him to death.

============

Regarding the episode, I find it quite boring, possibly the worst episode in all that has been showed so far. While I understand and sympathized Emily's point of view, I was still annoyed by her portrayal I guess, she's just annoying on this one. But inspite of some interesting bits and pieces, I just find it to be a bit boring compared to what we had last time. But I guess we weren't getting a new ace pilot or escaping from a colony arc so its not that unexpected. Hopefully, next week's to be better.