View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 07:16   Link #250
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Initiation to the Bat Family. Become a Robin first, then take on the mantel of the next in line till the Batman mantel is passed on.
Or die, as in Jason Todd's case.

Sometimes the Robins and Batgirls get *really* mixed up. There's been what... at least 4 Robins and 4 Batgirls? (Dick Grayson, Jason Todd, Tim Drake, and Damian Wayne; Betty Kane, Barbara Gordon, Cassandra Cain, and Stephanie Brown - plus all the alternate timeline/universe versions)

The turnover rate for Batman's sidekicks is worse than part-time retail positions. They all seem to get killed (Jason Todd), maimed (Barbara Gordon), or turn into bad guys (looking at YOU, Cassandra).

Personally, I was kinda hoping for Starfire, Static Shock, Blue Beetle, Red Hood (Jason Todd), or Ravager (Rose Wilson).

But I guess we can't have every comic character. Though in my opinion the roster is pretty sparse considering what Marvel vs. Capcom's rosters are like. Not to mention Ravager would be too much like Deathstroke in playstyle and Red Hood would be a bit too much like Nightwing.

At least give us Martian Manhunter, though. Dear God, why do people always forget about him? HE IS AWESOME! ;_;

I can understand most of the playable characters being in the game, but I don't see why Ares and Solomon Grundy are there. Ares... bleh. Not exactly iconic unless you're a big fan of Wonder Woman and Wonder Girl (Wonder Girl is probably more relevant to more modern/younger audiences, and she's not even in the game). And Solomon Grundy is just kinda bland. So many better (and more iconic) Batman villains they could have used, like Clayface, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Ra's al Ghul, or Deadshot. I mean, just choose one. Hell, even the Scarecrow would have been more interesting than Solomon Grundy.

I am, however, really pleased that Deathstroke, Shazam, and Raven are in it. To be honest I wasn't expecting Shazam or Raven to be in it, but I can be pleasantly surprised.

I was pretty disappointed that Scorpion was one of the FOUR DLC characters (assuming it's true). I know he's an obvious choice for an MK crossover, but between the choice of a crossover character and another DC character, I'd take another DC character any day of the week. I already own MK9, so why would I bother using Scorpion? Considering the sheer number of cool DC characters they could have used, it's seriously a wasted opportunity. Any real DC fan could instantly rattle off ten characters that they would trade for Scorpion. It also irritates me because I suspect he's going to be a direct port of his MK9 version.

I'm okay with Zod and Lobo. I was never a cult fan of Lobo, but I know he does have a large fanbase. Zod is just badass. If he wasn't in a game where Superman is a main character I would question Netherrealm's sanity.

If they have Batgirl, it should be Barbara Gordon. Just my personal opinion, but I think it would fit better considering that Cassandra turns into a bad guy after the One Year Later arc. Not to mention she was the first Batgirl that actually mattered.