View Single Post
Old 2010-01-02, 05:31   Link #6526
vk531

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
a peace treaty would create world peace
what more can you ask
Actually, I kinda doubt that. Seeing as the leaders of half the world's military hate Lulu's guts and think he's an unmatched traitor, any treaty he signs won't result in lasting peace but probably just a cold war. Mind you, the one we saw was between countries that hadn't actually fought against eachother in any major war, to the best of my knowledge. Britania, on the other hand, has fought everybody and doesn't have the best reputation around the world, so the outcome of a potential cold war would probably be quite different.

Oh, and about the Schneizel thing, didn't Lelouch say in one of the final episodes that he had to start a conflict, so he could smoke his brother out of his hiding spot in Cambodia and deal with him once and for all? If he just attacked Toremo (that was the name of the institute, right?) blondy and his ambiguously gay companions would just leg it to another country willing to build WMDs for them. That's somewhat consistent with his early ideology that anyone who dares pick up a gun with the intent of killing somebody else is fair game, themselves. So, the military casualties don't really count as much if they guarantee a conflict free society for tomorrow. (Not my own views on the matter, of course.)

I'm not trying to restart that gem of an argument here, just thought these were interesting points to bring up.
vk531 is offline   Reply With Quote