View Single Post
Old 2010-10-17, 11:10   Link #104
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosprophet View Post
I'm sorry but I don't understand which part of my post you think I was comparing with anime.
oh my bad, I meant when you said that it was slow. 'Slow' in comparison to anime right? Since for the amount of text in Ore no Imouto (I've looked through volume 1), I won't call it slow. And the translator is already on volume 2, just that chapter 4 and chapter 1 of volume 2 is waiting to be edited and translation smoothened (and the quality of the translation and editing was pretty good). A chapter per month for an LN that is made up of 6 to 7 chapters (~300 pages) can be considered as average speed. Ore no Imouto is made up of roughly the same number of pages with 4 chapters for volume 1, and contains a decent amount of descriptive text, which means more text per page, so a chapter every two months can be considered as average speed. That means it's about average speed to get volume 1 up in 6 to 8 months, so it could only be 'slow' if compared to anime or to compared to our sense of time in life, which of course should not be compared, but compared to other translation works for LN (under the same condition of only 1 translator for a title), it's not slow at all.

Last edited by larethian; 2010-10-17 at 11:26.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote