View Single Post
Old 2007-03-12, 16:53   Link #115
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
is that confirmed for the anime as well? they did take...certain liberties with the novels after all. and there's no listing for his full name on the official site. not to mention that that'd give him the same middle name as Clovis...kinda weird.

well, either way I guess. not like it's a bad name.
Well, problem is, little is known about Mister Bigwig (my own moniker...although it's been revealed that the hair/hairdo was...genuine O_O) and the blackout includes his own name. It seems that for now the staff doesn't deem it necessary to introduce another name for us to refer to him as. Since he doesn't have much importance right now, it's a fortuitous tidbit to throw to the (ravenous) masses.

On the other side, although it's been emphasized that there would be plot divergences and differences as well as certain similarities between novel and anime, I doubt the liberty the staff will take on those matters would encompass the topic of (major) character names. I can envision them changing certain persons' deeds, opinions and personalities, why not (or even his/her existence, as Cornelia doesn't even seem to exist in the CG-LotR manga) - but what defines a character the most? His/her name? I think not. At least, it seems unlikely to me. The change would be too glaring, too peculiar.

I mean, it'd be as if Tomino had renamed Char Aznable, something like, say, "Commander Gaylord" for the CCA novel...

See what I mean?