View Single Post
Old 2007-04-30, 07:38   Link #47
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
I'll be watching this series because it's an Entropy project--even though I haven't done any work on it, I'm awfully excited about us moving into fansubs. Sadly, though, I don't really expect to enjoy it much.
If you do not expect to enjoy it, why are you even bothering to watch it? Just because the group you're in is doing this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuusai View Post
If the first episode is any indication, the only draw this series has is that it's about baseball. While it features character exposition and development in the series, it's still all just... baseball. I'd consider that pretty flimsy even if I liked baseball. And I don't. Japan doesn't seem to be exempt from the popular opinion that merely having a focus on sports is enough to make something entertaining or valuable. I can see how it might be an added draw for people who enjoy it, but that's not enough to hold up a series that is otherwise weak. Well, most people don't share my opinion, since I'm unlike 99.9% of the world in that I don't develop an emotional attachment to a sport.
So, in short, you're already bashing this show because it revolves around baseball? Even when there's character exposition and development? And you're already jumping to the conclusion that this series is weak when you have only watched one episode? Get off your high wooden horse.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote