View Single Post
Old 2010-06-07, 14:26   Link #1107
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

I dont really HATE any series I've seen, but in terms of series I haven't felt were that great yet seem massively popular I'd go with these:

Death Note - should have ended with L's Death, the second half of the series nosedived in terms of how interesting and fun it was, and the new protaganist/antagonists depending on your PoV were...well....a bit rubbish.
Gurren Lagaan - I was expecting a really funny show, with amazingly over the top lines, and just a load of fun. I got a show that bored me, felt a bit pointless and I finished for completions sake.
Fate Stay Night - I enjoyed some of this, but it felt drawn out and was just overall a bit unfulfilling. Shirou didnt really have a huge amount going for him in terms of charisma either.

Oh and although no one seemed to like it much I'll say Aquarion too because that really was balls, and probably one of the worst animes I've seen. The characters are mostly unlikeable and it just felt like a mess.

Likeable, interesting characters, or just sheer pizzazz or decent story telling kinda make a series in my mind.
Reading: None at the moment