View Single Post
Old 2010-11-17, 13:36   Link #5
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibakun View Post
Hello everyone,

I've been a long time manga reader and fan of the anime and just wanted to see what you guys think if they added blood/gore to the anime. In my opinion it's one of the factors that is not making fairy tail as much of a hit as One Piece/Naruto where in I really think it has that potential.

I'm not saying Fairy tail isn't popular but leaving out the gore reduces the impact/emotional effect of what they are trying to convey in the anime.

What do you guys think about that issue? Would adding gore/blood increase the fan base of Fairy Tail?
Firstly, Fairy tail is a hit. Secondly, this might be my personal opinion (even though I disagree with myself on this :P), Fairy Tail is not at the level of popularity of OP/Naruto because it simply is not at that level yet. Though I love Naruto, I'm not sure how to compare it except maybe on the fights? Naruto has good battle scenes and there is a good mix of story telling and exciting battles which can be long but yet doesn't seem to be too dragged out. Fairy tail's fights are interesting but less exciting for me. It's easier for me to compare to OP. One Piece though technically is a battle manga, but I don't really see it as one. Why OP rates no. 1 and far above FT for me, is because it's good at the aspects that matter to me most: very good story telling and weaving of initially insignificant details into the main plot, connecting things up almost seamlessly. It's very obvious Oda does a lot of planning at the macro level. Aside from that, I also like his creative touch. Personally, I think FT pales in the story department area. I still enjoy it though and look forward to future arcs, but the glaring plot holes and twists which seem to appear as an after-thought every now and then does annoy me. I already have one or two examples in the speculation thread. Caveat: may just be my opinion though.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote