View Single Post
Old 2011-08-05, 21:44   Link #254
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
Wow. Talk about a broad, completely inaccurate assumption. Yes, not feeling like watching something that makes me squeamish = kiddie pool. I suppose not wanting to watch say, Batman's heart get ripped out by Joker and then explode, triggering a chain reaction of exploding babies in orgiastic showers of blood, makes me childish and immature. Yes, material like that really does broaden one's horizons.
Nice exaggeration. There are plenty of R-rated films-- hell, graphic films, that aren't tasteless or for the sake of shock value, alas 'Saw', 'Friday the 13th' (remake), 'The Devil's Rejects', etc., etc. Just look at the stuff Paul Verhoeven and David Cronenberg have put out. Or better yet, John Carpenter's 'The Thing'-- that movie is grimey and gory as hell, but not for the sake of shock value. But the point being: if you're gonna put a blade in someone's mouth or slam their eye off a no. 2 pencil, just show it. Those pansy ass quick cut-a-ways to give your film this faux-darkness just ain't cutting it. Nolan is a wuss.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote