View Single Post
Old 2012-08-17, 10:23   Link #35661
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Infinite Stratos

At six meter tall and roughly 25 tons in mass, it was first introduced as humanoid space exploration unit, but around the same time as arrival of BETA, it's true ability was unveiled.

Maneuvering capability beyond a jet fighter, durability of a main battle tank, firepower comparable to a platoon of composite infantry, and near invulnerable to laser due to presence of energy barrier.

All those performance can be attained without burdening the pilot like conventional weapon due to it's advanced life support system and mass reduction system. It was said that the only reason human survived the continued onslaught relatively intact is because of their presence.

Infinite Stratos can only piloted optimally by females between 12-20 year, which caused quite a social rift as the result. It's small cockpit, itself is unalterable, can only accommodate direct neural interface system and little amount of subsystem console. As the pilot went past maturity, their synchronization ratio start to decline.

Terrestrial Dreamer

Infinite Stratos truly a magnificent weapon platform, however there are too many factor limiting their presence such as the limitation of core cockpit as the only one knew how to construct it, Dr. Tabane Shinonono, has disappeared.

The new unit use different cockpit with different power source and electronic suite with mostly manual console supported by neurohelmet, which resulted in larger frame roughly 8 meters tall, some can be as heavy as 35 tons apiece.

While it could posses firepower equal or even higher than I.S., it suffer a lot in terms of mobility and defense due the inferior mass-reduction and lack of energy barrier. The next generation unit therefore ditched heavy armor to compensate the reduced mobility.

Even after those alteration, their average operational lifespan is said to be roughly 18 minutes.