View Single Post
Old 2007-05-20, 15:00   Link #36
Konata-chan
Wannabe Konata Izumi

Send a message via AIM to Konata-chan Send a message via MSN to Konata-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
All of these references are from Kadokawa Shoten media or Public Domain, which leads me to believe that they are trying to minimize expenses on copyright royalties. As a result however the pool of actual straight up references is quite limited as I don't think things extend to shows that were adapted to manga (Eureka Seven, Code Geass, Brain Powered etc). They might be able to do a Crossbone Gundam reference though without having to censor, but I don't know.

Also Konata's dad didn't say anything because men aren't allowed to talk anymore in these kinds of shows (Why do you think Akira gets annoyed everytime what's his face says something). He should be grateful that he was allowed to even appear in the episode and should remember his place.
Aside from Keroro Gunso, all other Kyoani works and Initial D, I wonder if all the anime/manga/light novel "references" presented in Lucky Star through the anime, manga or CM's are popular enough with the anime group. For some of these anime I didn't get these references until I actually looked them up (eg. Strawberry Panic's "Kuchibiru Daydream")