View Single Post
Old 2012-07-22, 12:28   Link #263
Starlightz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I can understand why some people have issues with Episode 3. But frankly, I think this is being blown out of proportion. And really, if you have issues with how this is playing out in the anime, please don't ruin the experience for others who are taking SAO on board from only the anime perspective. It's their right to experience it that way. The least you could do is let them do so. There is legitimate reason for the hype. But the problem with hype is that it gives you unrealistic expectations. Pull yourself back from the hype and just take the title for what it is. And if you prefer the light novel, that's a legitimate stance and fine by me.
I'm not sure I'd agree with this. No offense, last time I checked, forums are places for discussion, not mindless praising something. If people have issue with the anime, whether they are LN readers, or anime-only viewers, they should be able to voice their opinions without worrying about "ruining the experience for others". I understand it's an adaption, which means there will be cuts here and there, but I hoped it would be able to maintain the impact of contents. I was a bit disappointed. The episode itself is okay, better than average I guess, but it's far from excellent or perfect - even anime viewers who have no idea of the original story can see it was rushed after all.

As I haven't been checking many anime these days, I don't even know there was a hype at first place. I only marathon the novel 2 days after watching ep 1. Still I felt disappointed, at least on this ep., so I don't think the hype affected people that much.
Starlightz is offline   Reply With Quote