View Single Post
Old 2008-10-20, 12:24   Link #231
Evangelion Xgouki
NERV Personnel
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Evangelion Xgouki Send a message via MSN to Evangelion Xgouki
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9taileddemon View Post
I disagree with the first point. I actually do think they are the head of the TSAB. The reason they have to be secretive with their meetings with Regius is because they are breaking their own laws.
Braking their own laws does not mean that had to go that far for secrecy. It has been known for military in our own world to green-light missions that are against their country's and their own laws. Rather than having all this cloak and dagger planning they have the simple "If you get caught we will deny everything" policy. Why do you think we have all these top-secret documents that the government doesn't release until decades later about secret missions?

Quote:
The sound only screen also is easy to understand. Who really wants to be looking at brains if they don't have to. Also it is doubtful the High Council really wanted anybody to know that they were just brains.
If they were in fact the ruling body of a multi-dimensional military organization why would they have to hide their appearance? Their hiding would only cause more suspicion amongst their peers and other members of the TSAB.

Quote:
For the secrecy part about the whole sound only thing and only the assistant knowing where they are, it kind of reminds me of Black Cat with the Chronos Elders. They were the head of the organization. Everyone knew they were the head of the organization. Only like two people knew where they were so that they could avoid being assassinated.
And was Chronos a legitimate group known far and wide? I quote Wiki: "Chronos is the secret organization that rules one third of the world through underground business in various areas." Bad comparison to try and support your points

Quote:
Same thing with the TSAB High Council (First of all I doubt they would be called that if it was supposed to be a secret group.) Since they are the leaders and are only brains at this point, they are probably freaked out about being attacked while they are defenseless. So they make it so nobody knows their location. Didn't really work in the end but it was a good try.
The name does not matter. If we were to judge a group by its name then there'd be a ton of cultist and other fanatical groups that would be 'good' or 'legitimate.' Hiding wouldn't necessarily be a good thing if they were the heads of the TSAB. Should some disaster or major attack happen where they were in fact threatened, how would they get support at their location? Guards and other securities are put in place to protect important people and they would be no different.

Quote:
I do know about the council that showed up for the big meeting, but I don't think there being a HIGH Council is to hard to imagine.
Then that would defeat the purpose of having a TSAB-wide meeting of all heads and leads if they were not present. Not to mention having a group of 3 people run something for over a century kinda defeats the democracy of the TSAB.

Quote:
Also, if they really were a secret group that only manipulates Regius, then why would Jail even use the time to kill them? He planned on killing Regius himself anyways and that would leave them with no connections.
There was nothing stated (nor did I state) Regius was the only one. He was the only one we SAW. If they were in fact as old as they said they most likely had more than one contact within the TSAB through which they could attempt to manipulate the organization. Plus the High Council was pulling the strings behind Regius and had to know of Jail if they were confiding with Regius and how to handle the Combat Cyborgs. And they knew of Due when she killed them, meaning they knew of Jail and Jail knew of them.

Quote:
I already do understand what their purpose is. I understood after just watching the show. My only thing is that I think it wasted time and could have been done in some other way. Seven Arcs probably could have just shown seens of Regius talking to Jail and removed the whole High Council.
I think there was only one real reason they existed and that was to demonstrate again how Due can change her apperance and is good at espionage. However she dies like two episodes later so why should we really care.
The purpose of the High COuncil was to add in the aspect of corruption in the TSAB. They just added a tech/sci-fi twist by having the corruption be around for decades by a small group who used technology to sustain themselves. Several points can be drawn like the corruption of power, what happens when people get a god-like mentality, and that nothing is safe from some corruption or manipulation.