View Single Post
Old 2006-05-06, 14:37   Link #33
Free Voice

A slapstick episode

Well, I have to confess having laughed wholeheartedly at the incredible story in this episode. I would not say that I liked it much for its credibility (hey, who's that butler so relaxed holding a phone for Urd, while the latter is throwing fireballs around?), or for the way they resumed the "hand in hand" part.

However, it was a comical episode, which makes me think of Buster Keaton's movies...

Now, I finally understood why it took a bit longer to be online: the team of fansubbers found it necessary to karaoke the words of "Open your mind" and "Negai". Thanks for this episode as well, but that was not strictly necessary. I might have enjoyed just as much without karaoke. Was it really fair from the animators to gift Sayoko with such an horrible talent for singing? She sang false those two lines...

However, the quality of the animation was up to the level of episode 2...

Anybody noticed that the clothes of Mara (the demon) might be indicating an animation of the Queen Sayoko arc? She has the same type of trousers as in the manga part of that arc.

How many different teams of animation are drawing up Sorezore no tsubasa, and how many episodes do they produce in advance? I was wondering if that might explain the difference in the quality of episodes.