View Single Post
Old 2010-07-07, 07:30   Link #55
krko
The Movie is Coming

Absolutely hilarious episode. Even without subs, the jokes were pretty easy to get. Mugi is a bucket of laughs for this episode. It's nice how far they took the "please hit me" joke from the manga. And yes, Mugi, I can see why Ritsu would be popular with the ladies. Too bad she has a scary bassist right behind her. However, the best part of the episode is Mugi taking Mio's strawberry. Yui and Mio reactions were pure win. Yui's reaction in particular is a great brick joke. I can relate to going great lengths just to win an argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMT View Post
Having only seen the OP and ED so far . . . well, if all the HTT performances from here to the end of the series are done by cardboard cutout, we'll know why. Wow, what mind-blowing animation.
The OP's animation was nice but the ED was fraught with "ways to save on animation without being shaft" techniques. In particular, Mio's mouth is most of the time obscured by her microphone. This is due to the fact that animating the mouth properly is pretty hard, hence the existence of cheeky mouths. There's also the fact that Azusa and Mugi's hands are obscured while they were playing, another particularly tricky part to animate.

I really like OP. The more I watch it the better it gets, kinda like GO! GO! MANIAC!. It really represents the core appeal of K-On, genuine feeling high school hijinks. The can-can dance thing brought back quite a few high school memories. The ED is also really good in that its about or slightly above Don't say Lazy's level. The music is quite good. However it feels forgettable. There's nothing like Listen!'s Cake/Fly Mio thing or Don't Say Lazy's... everything. Instead it has generic sky backgrounds. I somehow feel that its gonna sound really old real quick.

Finally:

Mugi: taking the term "moeblob"to whole new levels. (God, I hate that term)

Last edited by krko; 2010-07-07 at 07:42.