View Single Post
Old 2011-04-21, 04:26   Link #22663
cronnoponno

Perhaps this random bit of wild mass guessing will have no value, but from how I've read Umineko, the shots at mystery can be seen a bit like this:
There are two ways to view mystery, the first way of viewing it, is a heartless show that picks fun at corrupt people and ignores the heart, ignoring the 'whydunit' and such.
However, there is another way to view it. With love, with love, it is a different story, it's a world that involves a relationship with the reader and the writer, and it's a challenge of romance in getting them to solve their mystery, a battle of logic, and wonder.

You can't see Mystery with heart without love, without love, it cannot be seen. If you think about it, there are two ways to view most of the things put in Umineko.

Perhaps the truth in Umineko, is that a combination of these truths are correct, and we're just being shown the extreme's of the writers sides of the story. Some writers hint that there was a bunch of conspiracy going on in the family, some hint that they were really a caring family. It's also easy for the public to get bad impressions of rich kids and celebrities, no matter how good of people they are. Battler has said that Kinzo had been able to take a joke before(I read that on this thread). We can't believe the perspective of people who just assume Eva is the queen of conspiracy due to their lack of love, so can we really believe what they say about George?

Perhaps, while the family did have some dark sides to itself, this could have been over-exaggerated and they really did play in a harmless and fun mystery until fate simply said ''fuck you'' and screwed them over.

Maybe the Eva post-tragedy made herself play the part of a villain, like Yasu made herself play the part of Beatrice, in the pure shock of what she had experienced, feeling that simply surviving would have got her off the hook. (Haven't read episode 8 but I read this over discussion) We've supposedly shown that the trauma was so horrible for Battler that he lost all of his memories from the tragedy. If we view Eva from the love perspective, we could only pity her.
cronnoponno is offline   Reply With Quote