View Single Post
Old 2007-03-25, 23:59   Link #29
wontaek

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesshomaru66 View Post
Wagner may be a antisemitic, but not a nazi .I heared from somewere that John Williams was influenced by Gustav Holst also.

My favorate composer is Tchaikovsky and beethoven in romantic period, and carl orff in mordern period.but I dont like baroque music that much,I feel sleepy if not irritated when ever i hear them
If you study the music in Star Wars episode I: Phantom Menace and episode II: Clone War, you will see how often and masterfully John Williams uses the leitmotif to convey message that is not spoken nor seen. In fact, although the Episode II was horrible in many ways, it might have the best overall music works of all the episodes; I'm speaking more or less in view of someone studying how the music fitted into the movie, academically, since the episode IV's music is probably the most recognizable, still, and the Imperial March from Empire Strikes Back has the most fanatical following.

John Williams made many 'formal classical' compositions, and he does know Gustav Holst's work very well.