View Single Post
Old 2007-09-08, 23:19   Link #63
wao
OK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
As for Mukoh Hadan, all I can say for now is that I really liked how during that fight scene, the animators used those little splotches of white noise to illustrate water droplets (or whatever).

I like that style. It sort of brings a wackier Studio-4C-esque sensibility into what seems like a rather run-of-the-mill Jubei-like story.
You mean by drawing white dots to indicate water droplets when there's a splash or something, right? I thought this was frequently done with water even outside of Studio 4C, like for example I clearly remember something like that happening in episode 133 of Naruto, the Norio Matsumoto ep. And even in the water ep of Dennou Coil, the "line" used for water is not coloured black but a light colour when it splashes out. I think.

Quote:
I only hope it wouldn't be as much of a disappointment as "Spirit" was. Because, amazing animators aside... you really do need to tell an interesting, original story before you spice it up with crazy samurai fighting.
Oh yeah. If it's an OVA and it's meant to be pure unadulterated animated goodness then I can live without a story if it's REALLY eye candy, but the animation in this isn't going in that direction and on its own I don't know how much I'd enjoy the film if the story sucked (I'd still watch it though.)