View Single Post
Old 2013-08-30, 04:30   Link #4182
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
I know Willplus operates under different names. VNDB have it recorded. As for Akabei Soft...I don't see that at all(I'm too lazy to go to the main site and I'm referring to them). Unless VNDB is doing something wrong, I don't see why it isn't reflected.

Akebei soft lead to Akebei soft2, which brought big name games such as Sharin no Kuni, and G-senjou no Maou
Akebeisoft 2 made other several brands like
-Syangrila, which is very known for the Akatsuki no Goei series. Syangrila later became Tigre for the recent game Reminiscence, which is somewhat a sequel to the Akatsuki no Goei series
-The recent Cosmic Cute for lovesick puppies (which i strongly enjoyed) and last month's Gleam garden no Shoujo
-Effordom for koikishi, which was the 2nd best sold eroge of 2011 (only Aiyoku no Eustia outsold Koikishi that year ) Also Effordom has it's own known subsidiary : Applique

And i can easily go on for while, because most of these subsidiaries have their own subsidiaries. Their entire company structure almost looks chaotic

edit:
Quote:
Okay to be fair I haven't read Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa wo Hirogete yet but don't tell me all the rage were false. Why would so many people rage so hard about it WHICH in the end they had to come out with a restoration patch? It just doesn't make sense if the scenes were changed appropriately.
I have read the original but not "If my heart had wings", but not every rumour ended up being true.

Quote:
Besides take a look at this: http://vndb.org/r27811. The Japanese market haven't even release an all age version and the Western market decided to do it which I cannot see the point. Usually the Japanese market WILL release an all age version before the Western side do unless you tell me that this is an exception that the parent company decided to release an all age version first. If that's so, why do you need the above-mentioned link patch? It just doesn't add up.
Even if it were the parent company collaborating with a known translation company, I doubt they would have to release the above-mentioned patch if things were going well. Don't forget they DID release the eroge version in the Western market itself.
I am sure the restoration patch was a "fan-made" patch.

Eventhough i don't agree on some of the "changes" (not sure if all of those are true, because i haven't read the English version) i actually commend Willplus for trying such a bold thing, by bringing an eroge into the Western market. They tried to get a broader audience by making it T-rated instead of Adult-only and i don't see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by hyl; 2013-08-30 at 04:42.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote