View Single Post
Old 2004-02-12, 18:55   Link #33
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Hmm, interesting. I have two younger sisters, and also could never think about them in this way. But, at the same time, the relationships of the main characters in Onegai Twins didn't bother me at all. You also have a sister, and it bothered you a lot. I wonder why this difference? That's what I'm most curious about.
Hmm...this is piquing my interest here. So, you're not bothered by brother/sister incest, but can never think of having a relationship with your sisters that way. Why? I know that just because you can "tolerate" sibling incest, doesn't mean you have to go commit it. But if you're not bothered by sibling incest, then you shouldn't you keep an open mind of having a relationship with your sister? What's preventing you from thinking about them that way?

Quote:
I wonder why this difference? That's what I'm most curious about.
I have to agree on kj1980; because it depends on how we're raised. Our views and bias are shaped by our experience.

And it isn't just about sibling or cousin incest. What about mother/son incest? What about father/daughter incest? Do you (people) tolerate those as well? Why? Or Why not?

For those people who can tolerate sibling or cousin incest, but not parent/child incest. Answer this question: What makes sibling/cousin incest tolerable and parent/child incest wrong?

Note:I'm using "tolerate" instead of "acceptance", because in my definition they're different. For example: I can "tolerate" homosexuality, but that doesn't mean I have to like it. The next step up from "tolerate" would be "acceptance". Do you "tolerate" or "accept" incest?

Also, who's got statistics on incest? If you find a reliable source, please post it up. I'm quite interested in incest rates.

Oh by the way, we are talking about CONSENSUAL incest right? Because I'm ASSUMING (a bad thing to do) that FORCED incest is wrong.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote