View Single Post
Old 2013-01-24, 13:52   Link #73
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

-{A1}- [Best Storyline & Plot] Fate/Zero

Easy choice. Fate/Zero's story had me gripping in the edge of my seat from beginning to end.

-{A2}- [Best Visuals & Animation] Hyouka

Fate/Zero was the biggest contest here and there's even Nisemonogatari to boot. Hyouka just blows everything out of the water though in terms of creativity in its animation (and just how visually stunning it is).

-{B0}- [Best Action-Adventure] Fate/Zero

I actually didn't want to vote on this. Fate/Zero as an action series? Definitely. As an adventure one? Nope. Why splice these two together anyway?

-{B1}- [Best Fantasy] Jinrui wa Suitai Shimashita

Again, I didn't really wanna vote on this since none of the titles really gave out the true meaning of fantasy.

-{B2}- [Best Science Fiction] Mouretsu Pirates

Mouretsu Pirates is one of the BEST science fiction series that I've seen in a while. It definitely deserves to win this award.

-{B3}- [Best Horror] Another

Another was technically the only horror series of the year. Mirai Nikki is scary but that's just because Yuno's so twisted. Another was pure horror from start to finish.

-{B4}- [Best Mystery] Another

Another may be a pure horror series, but it was also a pure mystery in another sense. The search on who the extra student was was really intriguing to watch and how everything came together was really great.

-{B5}- [Best Drama] Sakamichi no Apollon

Sakamichi may have overdone the drama towards the end but it doesn't defeat the fact that it managed to cram all that drama in 12 episodes and make it that amazing.

-{B6}- [Best Romance] Nazo no Kanojo X

I feel terrible on not voting for Tonari but Nazo no Kanojo X deserves this. It's a real unique gem that focuses on the relationship part of a romance rather than the pursuing.

-{B7}- [Best Comedy] Danshi Koukousei no Nichijou

Nothing made me laugh as much as this in 2012.

-{B8}- [Best Slice of Life] Hyouka

A festival arc that goes on for 6-7 episodes and never becomes boring despite how mundane everything is? Hyouka wins this award hands down.

-{B9}- [Best Sports] Chihayafuru

This is a surprisingly harder choice than I imagined. Saki Achiga actually made me play mahjong which is the end goal for most sports series. Too bad there's Chihayafuru this year.

-{C1}- [Best TV Series] Chihayafuru

It really is the best of 2012.

-{C2}- [Best OVA]

-{C3}- [Best Movie]

I can't vote for OVAs and Movies since I didn't watch enough to actually vote for one.

-{D1}- [Best Female Lead] Shizuku Mizutani

Best Shojo lead in years. Headstrong, dedicated, yet surprisingly vulnerable in many ways, Shizuku really becomes a female character that you somehow idolize. I initially voted for Chihaya but I really feel guilty for not nominating Tonari in any other category despite being one of the best series this year. Plus I do like Shizuku as much as Chihaya.

-{D2}- [Best Male Lead] Houtarou Oreki

There wasn't much competition for this. Oreki is a damn great main character and his characterization is just wonderful and down-to-earth.

-{D3}- [Best Antagonist] Yuno Gasai

Yuno is evil and crazy and she totally deserves this spot.

-{D4}- [Best Side-Character] Satoshi Fukube

This is surprisingly the hardest category to vote on since I rather love all 4 characters. Satoshi won out because of, like what I said with Oreki, his really amazing characterization. Natsume, Rider, and Toki are all amazing characters too but I only had to pick one sooo. . .

-{D5}- [Best World Setting] Sword Art Online

I hated Sword Art Online but if there's one thing it wins merits for then it's on how it managed to really build an RPG world that you can live in and how detailed that world is.

-{D6}- [Best Credits Theme] Yume no Naka no Watashi

-{D7}- [Best Soundtrack] Sakamichi no Apollon

-{D8}- [Best Ongoing Series] Psycho-Pass

Last edited by ahelo; 2013-02-02 at 21:22.
ahelo is offline   Reply With Quote