View Single Post
Old 2004-10-05, 02:04   Link #9
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Destiny also wins the prize for Making No Sense What So Ever in the mechanical department.

The Impulse is a waste of research and production funds if I ever saw one. With Saviour and Gaia they have two high-performance prototypes for space/air use and general/ground use. The League Militaire had a use for the core block system in the Victory Gundam since it was important to preserve good pilots and it gave it a surprise advantage in battle, like detaching the top fighter and having it kamikaze into a hangar and stuff like that. ZAFT and PLANT has the engineering and scientific knowledge bar none due to the fact that they are Coordinators and obviously have very good industrial output - just see how many GuAIZ they could crank out in a short time. They are not a group that uses guerilla warfare, and the Impulse core block system just seems expensive and unneeded when you compare to the technology used in the other mobile suits. I can understand the need for mission packs when there's a limit on the amount of mobile suits you can have, but I really don't understand the core block system of the Impulse. They might as well have started limited production of the Regenerate if they wanted stuff to combine.

But of course, as we all know - super robots who combine from different parts sell a lot to the kids.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote