View Single Post
Old 2011-11-06, 04:36   Link #5909
Ryuutai

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
But the way she said was totally Eroge-cliche!!

and now, Chihiro is escaped from being reality girl! Yey!
No. She is simply a normal girl scared by her first kiss. It's normal, for a girl during her first date with a guy, asking him to be delicate.
I'm sure that if Ayumi told Keima to be gentle during a romantic approach, you wouldn't say that.
I understand you are a fan of Ayumi, and hoped that she was the girl without goddess because you think this grows her chances to be the final lover of Keima...
But, relax. This theory about the girl without goddess = final girl of Keima, is only a fans' speculation, so Ayumi has still huge chances.

I'm sad to see some people around the web bashing Chihiro calling her "sl*t" and stuff like this...Actually, in the manga many girls have been bolder than her during the story. Ayumi, Kanon, Nagase, Sumire, Nanaka, Yui, Hinoki, Akari, Tsukiyo (in her re-conquest arc)...all of them have took the initiative to kiss Keima. Of course, I'm not saying they are sl*ts for this (well...maybe Hinoki was a bit...particular...).

They were just self-confident.

Chihiro never kissed Keima on her own initiative, so far. She could do it now, maybe.
In her first conquest, she has been kissed by Keima without her assent.
During this arc, Keima is still the one who is taking the initiative, she is only ok with it, because she has deep feelings for him. He is her first real love.

Yeah, she confessed to many random guys. But that wasn't because she liked them, it was because of her lack of self-confidence; she thought that she could "shine" being together with a popular person. But that behaviour didn't make her really happy.

Now, instead of a popular guy, she chose the worst weirdo of the school.
This is a great sign of her character development.

So, I really think some people are bashing Chihiro just because they are jealous of her position in the story. And I don't understand why they must be so jealous now.
Chihiro was the "normal girl" since the beginning.

But the goddesses' hosts are equally important characters. Maybe they are also more important than Chihiro, I don't know it.
I simply will accept Wakaki's choices, because he is a great writer in my opinion, and I trust him.

Besides, I don't understand why some people think that the feelings of the hosts aren't "true love". To me, they are true love.
The fact that they remember the conquest, doesn't change the nature of their love, which is genuine.

I like Chihiro very much, because I can relate to her very much.
I'm a girl, and I feel that her characterization portraits the average girl very well.
I understand that for a male reader, she could be less "moe" than others, maybe...I dunno.

I love KeimaxChihiro pair, but I don't believe they will be the final couple, even if I'd like very much. But her case could be used by the author to deep Keima's character development (how can he dump her, now, without hurting her? It will be an other difficult challange for Keima).

Finally, you Ayumi fans are luckier than us Chihiro fans, at the moment. Because you'll see a new AyumixKeima kiss for sure, while I think that Keima won't kiss Chihiro anymore.

Edit: I'd like to add another consideration.

I think that all the girls in this manga, are supposed to be "real girls".
They are not the bidimensional heroines of the games.

It's only that Keima tries to stereotype them in an archetipe, because all that he knows are his galge.
So, to him it's easier to stereotype a girl who has some prominent ability than an average one, because the main characters in galge have always some special traits.

BUT his prospective doesn't change the fact that also the "special girls", who could be the main characters in a galge, are more complex than his games' heroines. They are girls of the real world, exactly like Chihiro.

Chihiro is the most problematic one, to Keima, because she is an "average" girl. And an average girl is never the main character in a galge, only a minor character.
So, to him she is the most unpredictable one.

Last edited by Ryuutai; 2011-11-06 at 06:43.
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote