View Single Post
Old 2008-07-15, 12:03   Link #1297
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asleep View Post
I was showing you that it is her character to behave that way. She reacts quickly. Hence it is possible, because that part of her character has already been developed. She is more emotional than analytical. We have seen it many times already. When she thought her mother was shallow to live like a maid in her own house. When she left Zero. She doesn't think immediately. That is why I said it was possible. I wasn't pulling out some impossibility, it is a character trait.
Quote:
She acted quite impulsively when she ran out to fight Xingke and got captured. I am saying it is her character - she acts first, thinks later.
These are similar so I'll address them simultaneously.

Her actions in every episode except Episode 10 in S2 had been portrayed as more thought out than before. Notably, Episode 2 when she confront Lelouch. That is no impulse, impulse is following his orders as the rest of the Order did without question. She made a thought out decision to confront him.

Also, as I said, Ep.10 was the culmination of her jealousy of C.C.. She acted impulsively due to extenuating circumstances. She wanted Lelouch to recognize her, to be in the spotlight, to take it from C.C.. She acted impulsively because of her heart and as its said, a trembling heart often sways a sound mind. As such your example falls short because she was being heavily influenced by her emotions rather than cognitive thought.

Changing sides, for instance, is not an emotional decision. It is something one must rationalize to themselves to undergo. People do not just switch sides for shits and giggles (this isn't GS). Especially not after what has just happened to her in Ep.14. She does not make rash decisions in situations where she has the ability to think a decision over, that much has been shown to have changed about her in S2 from being around Lelouch and C.C.. She's growing up, believe it or not.

The only thing that is even remotely possible, and I can see happening, that comes into line with your examples has to deal with Shirley. If, and really only if, Lelouch admits to killing Shirley, then she may very well leave him to sort out her mind. This is, of course, assuming they plan on undermining what they focused on building all of S2... again. It is possible, yes, but I do not find it probable. Even if Lelouch says "I Killed Shirley." She should stop and think and figure out why, of all people, Lelouch would kill Shirley. He'd have no reason and she should very much question him.

Quote:
Yes. why don't you get that people care in different ways? Maybe she wanted him to comeback on her own.
Because hap hazardous manners of caring, in my eyes, are about as low as one can go in the Romance scale. She cares for him to see him become strong without her, if anything, that's even more reason to believe that she will at some point leave him.

That is the difference, Kallen is being built as Lelouch's new pillar even to the point of throwing all of the shit of Ep.13 and 14 on him 'coincidentally' when she's not present. C.C. is being distanced from Lelouch and being brought closer to the Geass and her own wish.

Quote:
She probably had some idea. But Kallen also did not know how bad his state was (using refrain), until she saw him in person. She starts the conversation with something else, and suddenly sees the drug.
Doesn't matter if they did or did not know about the refrain, one of them went to make sure he was ok, the other did not. That is my point. One went out of her way to make sure that nothing bad was happening to him, and ended up saving him from a devil, while the other just twiddled her thumbs.

Quote:
She is. She said all that matters is the contract. She doesn't care if he is alright as long as he is alive. Yet she was happy to see him return to the order. He words are lies, look at what she does. She smiles. She doesn't want to get personally involved with him so she keeps her distance, but it is not working. That is why she keeps denying anything more to her relationship. She keeps repeating, it's just a contract. People usually repeat the same thing to convince themselves more than other people(like Dann does ).
No, you assume her words are lies. Nothing in this show has yet to show her lying to us. If you are going to doubt what she says there, then maybe I'll start questioning whether she didn't like about Lelouch being the only one to have thanked her.

She hasn't repeated its just a contract in ages. In fact, she didn't repeat it in her conversation with Marianne. All that she said is that he only needs to be alive for her contract, she didn't dismiss their relationship as just that.

Quote:
So he was influenced easily. Either way, what Kallen did didn't last. The fireworks scene was what worked.
Um... Kallen's action lasted because he wasn't doping up on Refrain ten seconds later. Come on, how obvious do I have to make this?

Quote:
I wonder how many friends C.C. has had. There is Marianne, but we don't know about any one else. I think she hasn't been around many people she cared for. Like with the OotBK now.
I'd say her friends, at this point, amount to: Marianne and Kallen. Mao was her friend at some point as well. She's likely had a few.

Quote:
Kallen is her friend, that is why she was happy he chose to go after her. Also she sees Lelouch taking a more human decision, rather than a practical one which Zero would take.

But I don't know if she is setting Kallen and Lelouch up. We'll have to see more for that.
I'm under the impression that she is trying to do it, which is compounded by her hedgehog nature and progressive distancing from Lelouch. If her wish succeeds, then more likely than not, Lelouch will be without her.

Quote:
But if she didn't have much power over them how could she have neglected them? Maybe there is more to it than what meets the eye.
If she says neglect then she made the choice to neglect them. Again, I will repeat this, neglect is a personal choice. One does not neglect something that is outside his power. Neglect requires full control of a situation to be applicable. It is free choice to neglect something, not a forced action. That is neither neglect nor abandonment, that is powerlessness.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote