Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-03-21, 14:49   Link #6645
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Sure. This attitude definitely helped us during the Cold War and World War II.

Lets ignore the rest of the world. Lets just focus on ourselves, and be isolationists. I'm sure we'll be ok (sarcasm).
Care to define to me my 'attitude,' as you see it? Because the responses you make to my posts seem more or less unrelated. My original point was that the land that currently makes up the country known as the USA was probably better off under the original inhabitants, the Native American tribes, who had a much more sustainable economic model than modern western civilization. SaintlessHeart had mentioned something regarding his native country being better since it became globalized and modernized and I responded with my bit just to question whether modernization (and the related globalized world a country enters when they modernize) is objectively better than living in a more 'primitive' society.

But since you bring isolationism up, yeah it can be done, quite well in fact. There are people living in isolation in Brazil, and the Sentinelese of the Andaman Islands have been living on the same small island without depleting their resources for 60,000 years.