Thread: Countrouble
View Single Post
Old 2010-06-18, 15:03   Link #19
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
The Male lead just some witless dork I'd like to skinned alive. He get so many chance and while the loli witch didn't succeed help him and run, he decide to search for the useless witch instead using his time to deepen his relationship in the so called Learning Group
He thought angel-chan might be in trouble somewhere. Like a good guy he chose to try to find her instead of just sitting around chatting away with his friends. I don't see a problem there. Like I said the alternative would make him come off much worse to me.

Sure she turned out just fine and he was worrying for nothing (clichéd of course) but it was nice of him to worry.

Quote:
After he know his female friend have a crush on him, he start feeling awkward while she help him getting along with his target.
Wouldn't you feel awkward of your childhood friend likes you but you don't like her back? Rather it's most harem leads who suck. They don't even have to chase after girls they like and when they realize some other girl have the hots for them they practically just ignore the fact after a chapter or two.

Quote:
Rely on the loli witch magic, and after it's unsuccessful result, he still let the loli witch do it again...and again...and again..instead said to her :
"Useless Parasitic Witch! now begone from my live! I'll do it on my own power"
That's the story gimmick. Shockingly enough he made progress beyond that largely through his own power. And that development in chapter 7! By the genre's standards this manga is incredibly fast, not clueless.

Quote:
If I compare his dull head to other harem lead like Ikuto (Nagasarette Airantou), Natsuru (Kampfer), Yoichi (Asu no Yoichi), Hayate (Hayate no Gotoku), or Hachibei (Love X College)...this one is less than a trash
Kampfer sucks despite my trying my darnedest to like it. N. Airantou sucks period. Asu no Yoichi guy is rather dull if strong. Hayate is a gag comedy first and foremost and so is Ai Kora.

Countrouble boy actually isn't a harem lead yet. He is in love with one girl; his childhood friend likes him. That's it. Maybe Sasara will join the harem later, maybe not. And maybe we'll have more vaguely homoerotic fun with tsundere-kun, but I don't think you are counting him.