View Single Post
Old 2010-07-10, 00:26   Link #19
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

In short I'd rate as so:

Animation: 10, a different art style, yet I still felt it was very well done, and the odd styles it used at times were interesting.
Voice Acting: 10, Really I was impressed by the whole cast here, they all did an excellent job fitting their roles.
Music: 10, BGMs were all good, and all 5 OP were good to amazing, and ED was the best ED theme ever.
Script: 10, Script was excellent allowed for plenty of hilarious moments while still keeping the story going, and feeling very unique and interesting.
Editing: 9, would be 10 if not for the airing version being as good as DVD/BR.
Enjoyment: 12, It made for an excellently enjoyable series to watch that often used well crafted humor as well, that frankly made me laugh at times hard than I ever have at any other anime series, yet when was serious it was gripping for that as well, showing how to handle both well.
Emotional Involvement: 9, because compared to Clannad/AS, it wasn't perfect in this aspect
Overall: 10, See below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC730 View Post

Enjoyment: 10
This may be my new favorite anime of all time. It brought many elements and themes which I have never seen before in an animation series and it brought many laughter's and gripping moments. The uniqueness of monologues and the way they presented it was done so in format where it didn't feel repetitive nor boring or lengthy which is extremely impressive. I hate long speeches, but I guess they solved this problem somehow.

Average/Total: 10
Bakemonogatari was really the seasonal anime gateway for me. I never really followed a season more intensely other than this one and it clearly showed me what shows like this potentially held. To me it was a perfect balance between everything in all elements for a story. Looking at the Blu-Ray version of this, it clearly deserves a 10 out of 10 in all aspects I reviewed above. Although this should be a 9 out of 10 after my points given to each aspect, the combined effect of all of these elements just mesh so well it becomes clear why some components were used as it is. Keeping it faithful, and amazing at the same time. Bakemonogatari should go down in anime history as one of the most best and unique shows out there. I don't think the American audiences will be getting this anytime soon, there's too much of a cultural gap that disallows the full appreciation of this. After all the audience was only intended for Japanese audiences, yet the cultural barrier didn't affect me.
I agree with bold parts sooo much for this, and most of the post but didn't want to quote all of it . Bakemogatari is sits as my top favorite anime as well, as much I loved the other series I rank highly; I felt Bakemonogatari managed to do what other series haven't done which is on whole level balanced things said above to a truly masterful level.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote