View Single Post
Old 2013-09-27, 23:01   Link #33085
MainCharacter
All Evils of the World

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
No, it never has confirmed that she's the real culprit on Rokkenjima Prime, and likewise I think that the narrative and Battler's behaviour towards Beatrice suggests that she isn't the real culprit.

I can't really help explain about Ange's behaviour there, since I don't entirely understand it myself either.
Cool, thanks for the info. I don't really like the idea that Yasu is actually the culprit, it just raises too many inconsistencies for me. Unless it's confirmed for a fact, I don't see myself buying into it.

Ange's behavior when reading the Truth could be explained by seeing her parents were actually the culprits. That's my personal theory anyway, because I like it and as far as I can tell it fits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
On the positive side the manga explained why Ange's character "regressed" in Ep 8.
They said that seeing Bern's game in Ep 7 Teaparty caused her to reject her understanding of Eva and decide she had to be the culprit.
Metaphorically speaking this might mean during her life Ange was trying to understand and accept Eva but when the Rudolf's family culprit theory came around, in order to deny that theory she ended up rejecting any possible understanding she had of Eva.

Also when Battler said to a sleeping Ange that although they were different most of what she heard were the selfish speculations from people outside the island Beato was surprised then sadly thoughtful. I wonder if this has an extra meaning. Or am I reading too much in that scene?
Can the manga be considered canon? I mean I know it's written by him, but it's still an adaptation and sometimes scenes are shortened or different and I always feel weird letting any adaptation be used as evidence for the original. An author can decide later to add something in that doesn't work in the originals but works in the manga, which would create inconsistencies. I think VNs and official statements on the VNs should be all that's used to prove or argue anything.

Again, unless he's come right out and said "anything that happens in the manga can definitely be considered canon in relation to the VNs, even if it didn't happen there", at which point I can't really fight against that.
MainCharacter is offline   Reply With Quote