View Single Post
Old 2008-07-22, 20:39   Link #40
Deadwings
Heaven's Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papaya View Post
Actually, RA3 is going to be significantly different from other CNC games. The economy is very tightly gated this time around--there will be no way to ecospam unless you have complete map control. This means that the game will be more like Warcraft III than Starcraft. There will be greater unit usability and more focus on smaller, micro-intensive battles instead of T1 tank macro.

Of course, the CNC series has always used very severe hard counters, so yes, that still does minimize the usability of commando units. And no, Yuriko cannot attack air! Generals and Zero Hour had incredibly useful commandos who could single-handedly turn a game around, but they were cloaked.

And yes, regarding the carrier. There's a runway but nothing uses it. It's stupid, just like a lot of the RA3 designs. EA does stupid things like this.
I won't discuss about the gameplay since I know nothing about it, but as for the AA commando Yuriko, I never make lies, I use someone else's lies hehe:

Quote:
The power of the mind -- Yuriko needs no conventional weapons, for her mind is more than enough. She may levitate and crush even the largest tank; topple even the most firmly-rooted structure; cast aside entire infantry platoons; and drag even the most stubborn aircraft down into the ground.
It's written here, at the bottom of the page. If EA says so, I believe them. It would be the firs AA commando in the C&C series.

EDIT: I've just seen that allies can build over the water... don't know what to think about this.

Last edited by Deadwings; 2008-07-22 at 21:10.
Deadwings is offline   Reply With Quote