View Single Post
Old 2011-07-21, 11:05   Link #23315
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Eva wouldn't kill George and Hideyoshi, and probably wouldn't kill the other children or Shannon so that George didn't hate her.

Kyrie wouldn't kill Rudolf and probably wouldn't kill Battler for being Rudolf's blood.

Natsuhi wouldn't kill the children or Krauss...

This hypothesis isn't working. The black witch, even as a metaphor, can't be blamed for this.
It works given the proper situation. This is why I keep on brining up the characters' own emotions and a given scenario like EP7's Tea Party. Kyrie (and probably Rudolph too) is a good example of the Black Witch in that scenario.

Quote:
Genji probably noticed Yasu going to the VIP room, but since Yasu has to be playing dead and most of the murders take place far away from the church, she might not have ever realized. There need not be any sort of mechanism beyond the lion heads, which aren't very helpful unless you're on the path towards the VIP Room.
The problem is that, by the time Eva solved the epitaph, everyone but the sacrifices of the 1st Twilight were alive. It wasn't until Eva solved the epitaph that the killings continued. So, unless you mean that Yasu was playing dead and expecting them all to go around screaming they had solved the epitaph for her to be able to know, I think it only makes sense to think Yasu must have been watching them and should have noticed when Eva left the Guest House.

Quote:
The Devil's Roulette is an example of misplaced effort. This isn't me criticizing Yasu for not trying things; I'm commenting on her ability to take the more roundabout, ultimately self-destructive means to solving problems. This is consistent across the board. it's her fatal flaw.
I think this really comes down as how we see things. I really don't see it as misplaced effort, but as Yasu just not really caring any more.

Quote:
Piece Battler: *Spectator Authority'd* "I loved Yasu the whole time and sent her a letter. Anyway this story totally doesn't need to end in a tragedy because X

George: Fuck.

Bern: Fuck.
The problem here is that the event had already taken place. It had already ended up in a tragedy. Moreover, if we take the Trick and Magic choices in EP8, it's obvious Ange saw something she couldn't deal with unless she deluded herself. I don't think this could have been related to Yasu.

Quote:
The fact that Battler isn't there proves he is not required, and if he is not required, he isn't going to be there. Bernkastel doesn't fill her games with unnecessary details, as we see every time she has any sort of writing authority whatsoever, such as her game in EP8.
By that logic, she could have removed anyone else Will didn't need to interview, yet, the only one missing was Battler.

Quote:
BATTLER probably couldn't have stopped Bern's game, but he could've probably fucked it up.I don't think she'd want to give any window of oppurtunity for Will and Battler to team up or otherwise have any chance to exchange ideas.
How? Please, tell me. She was the Game Master and was backed-up by no one other than Featherine. What could BATTLER do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kealym View Post
This is fair - the whole promise bit in EP4 just about clinched Shannontrice as a certainty, but EP1-4 are wholly solvable without Shkanon, I believe.
The promise thing, I believe, was in EP3. In EP4 we had the bit about Battler's sin.
In addition, Shannontrice alone doesn't solve anything, since Shannon dies in the 1st Twilight of EP1 and there's Red from EP4's ??? Tea Party to back that up. Then we got read for her death in the 1st Twilight of EP3. Mind you, Shkanon meets this same problem in EP2 and EP3.

The important factor that you need is the idea that additional personalities/roles can also count as people (in terms of Red Text, this is) - without this Shkanontrice is pretty mush useless. But well, other than the whole Jessica/Jessie bit in EP2, there weren't any really good hints - and I wouldn't call the Jessie hint good either. Moreover, I think asking people to put 3 characters in one plus the whole Personalities=People idea is asking too much, since that idea is hardly logical.