Thread: Licensed Mouretsu Pirates
View Single Post
Old 2012-01-07, 21:53   Link #214
DangerMouse

justpassingby: Hmm, if I remember correctly haven't they already warned manga readers of changes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Agreed man kids these days...The same stuff that happened with Horizon too always with action should be right out the gates stuff...I mean why can't they all just let the story build.

Yea let them chock on their words with the plot really kicks in...
Didn't really like Horizon so far (but I'll probably give it another go due to liking shows that kind of scale) with that lead and the ridiculous fanservicey designs getting in the way of the potentially great setting and large scale story since the storyline prior to it airing certainly had me with different expectations of the character art rather than fanservice fest but I totally agree with this. It's like if a show doesn't blow it's load spoiling every plot thread and type of action it's got within the first ep or fanservice all over the place... nothing's allowed to start from the beginning and build anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
This isn't a competition. I'm not really sure how you can be "right" in watching a show.
That's true but still boring after one ep even with the obvious teases of action and things to come like in this ep in both the OP and towards the end of the ep and that preview (just look at the OP of this show and all the different space locations and big ship scenes), we've just scratched the surface of the big action adventure part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Clue for?
Spoiler:
LOL.

Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
And my my, did Black Beard reached the Fountain of Youth or something?
Spoiler:
Cool design.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2012-01-07 at 22:27.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote