View Single Post
Old 2013-03-03, 15:49   Link #340
marvelB

Meant to post this earlier, but I was a bit busy at the time. Anyway, SBS IS HERE! Credit goes to Redon and CCC from AP for the pics and translation, respectively:

-Corner starts with someone claiming Oda ate the Ero Ero (pervert) no Mi. It seems he doesn't deny this. Someone also asks if he, like Kinemon, is fond of breast bands (aka bras).

-Someone asks if Usopp's nose is made out of Chikuwa (type of fish paste that's rolled up into a tube) Oda confirms this.

-Someone makes a comparison between the dragon-slaying scenes from Monsters (early Oda one-shot) and Zoro early in the Punk Hazard arc. Oda comments on how it's been nearly 20 years since he drew Monsters (he was 19 at the time, but he's 38 now).

-This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone, but it's confirmed that the thunder island that Nami read about at Weatheria was the same one Urouge visited before the skip.

-A list of the crew's join order, birthdays, heights, etc.:

Spoiler:

-Apparently Oda refers to Brooke's goofy running style as "Dabba Dabba Dashing". But what's also interesting is that we find out who Kinemon is modeled after: An actor named Nakamura Kinnosuke. In fact, the characters from his name have been used for the father-son samurai duo (the "Kin" for Kinemon and the "nosuke" in Momonosuke).

-The character that takes the most time for Oda to draw is Franky in his shogun mode, but for regular humans it's women with black hair due to the technique used to draw the hair.

-Think I'll just quote CCC on this one:

Quote:
pg 106
-Explicit content warning about SBS, from a reader
-Q: Why didn't Caesar ask for Law's dick instead of his heart? A: Well first let's call it a "member" because that's more polite. Which would have more impact? Law holding a heart, or Law holding his member? And what if he had to give the Marines 100 members instead of 100 hearts? Well, then he'd be a member of the Shichinbukai [chinko = dick].
-Q: Can Vergo coat his dick with busoushoku? A: That is a possibility. And as a man, that would be GREAT.
-Smoker should have put Tashigi's bra on his head, just like Oda sensei.

-More characters as kids! This time we've got the Impel Down staff as kids. And as a bonus, we get a peek at how Lola would look after eating the Sube Sube no Mi (Alvida's power, in case anyone forgot):

Spoiler:

^Hmm, looks like Magellan had his ability since childhood, I see....

-Vergo's daily breakfast routine is having a hamburger, fries and strawberry shake.

-We get Nami and Robin's measurements, Nami gets pissed at Sanji and Oda for revealing the goods, hilarity ensues, etc. etc. etc. END OF SBS!

Sadly, nowhere near as informative as I hoped..... oh well. At least learning Kinemon's inspiration and seeing the ID staff as kids was cool enough. Plus, I had gotten a good chuckle out of this volume's dick jokes this time around! And now, to cross my fingers and hope that the vol. 70 SBS will be better, info wise.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote