Thread: Licensed Simoun
View Single Post
Old 2006-10-18, 06:06   Link #2187
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Evangelion was a character study with plot thrown in, just like Simoun.
Eva's message and Simoun's message are completely different, so I don't think it's really fair to compare them on that level.

.(
o
A character study,personnaly I never saw Simoun as a character study.The priestsess were of course a central part of the show.But the most intresting for me wasn't the character themselves but how they react to the new situation.And how the whole political system react to the new situation:war.
For me,the first ten ep were about the struggle of the priestess and the system to cope with the new situation.Neviril saw herself as a Priestess and that's the focus of the show at the beginning:A priestess can't fight a war,there's a contradiction.
It's funny to see that even at the End
Spoiler:

For me it 's not only about the characters but also the end of an era symbolized by the sunken ship.It' the end of innocence, not only for the characters but also for an entire world.
The discussion between Floe and Vyura is very symbolic.They will fight,they consider themselves as pilots and no longer as Priestess;and soon the Chor Tempest will be forgotten.