View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 07:54   Link #23
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

A pretty nice and trough review, Mirrinus ... though i can't say i agree on some of the points and complains you make.

First... your Yorito's comparison to Yuuji.
Spoiler for minor Shakugan no Shana spoilers:

Quote:
Matsuri
was even willing to forgive the fact that I'm clueless why she loves Yorito, but some of her other actions baffled me further. For example, why didn't she leave town immediately after promising Aono that she'd no longer interfere? Or why was she aiming to kill Aono with the sword at first during their fight (I'm assuming she didn't know Aono was using a paper clone, otherwise she wouldn't be wasting time with a fake)?
Love needs no explanation. But this excuse isn't even needed in this case, as it is not hard to figure out why Matsuri likes him at all. What are the chances of her falling for, possibly, the only human that has treated her like a normal girl since god knows when? I would say rather high. If this explanation doesn't suit you - refer to the 1st sentence of this paragraph

Not interfering =/= leaving town. She wasn't trying to interfere; it was a chance meeting. Perhaps she had other things to do in the town (Mayuko), or simply hadn't decided where to go next.

Aiming to kill Aono? Quite impossible, considering that a stab in the stomach is not very lethal to yakas, and the effect from the wound is not long lasting, if Matsuri herself is any indication. Besides, we could see in the Takeshi-Matsuri flashback that her initial reason for learning how to use the sword was to turn Aono back to a human.
Quote:
Aono
I've already stated my opinion on her sudden change at the end from not wanting to live without Yorito, to being all friendly and happy. Not explaining something as important as this will most definitely damage my opinion of the character.
It was not explained, thats for sure... it is one of my beefs with the situation as well. However, it isn't sudden at all. 1 year had passed since then, meaning Aono had plenty of time to sulk in a corner and think about what to do. The fact that she appeared only 1 year later means she did do something during that year. We do lack the information as to what inspired this change, but the change isn't sudden.

Hope you don't mind this bit of criticism