View Single Post
Old 2008-01-15, 22:07   Link #38
Kristen
*Author

So, a couple days ago a friend of mine and myself decided that we wanted to try marathoning a series. Neither of us had before, so we decided to give it a try. We chose this series firstly because it had a really cool name. Secondly, we chose it because it was apparently voted best anime of 2007, according to wikipedia. Third, we chose it because Matsuri is voiced by the ever wonderful Ichinose Kotomi voice.

So, this story to me is a three parter. At the start, it was the story of Matsuri being involved in the lead's life. In the middle, it was her disappearence. And in the end, it was about his disappearence. The middle got a little frustrating, as do most disappearing animes to me, but they handled it very well.

His disappearence sounded VERY familiar. After playing through "One", it sounds ever more so. But, I think they handled it well.

This anime left me light of heart. It was a fun anime, and a little saddening too. But, I like saddening things.

Overall, I'm going to rank this a tier I production, a 9/10, only a little bit behind Kanon and EF, and possibly Clannad. I wouldn't call it the "best" anime of 2007, but it's pretty close.