Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-18, 09:49   Link #1942
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
To be perfectly honest, I don't think of it as a completely bad thing when the ladies consider a man's financial situation as an important factor. Considering the society and the times we live in, I can totally see where they're coming from; in a land like this where the cost of living is already exorbitant and rising every day, it's quite reasonable that no girl would or should settle for a deadbeat who can't pull his weight in a family (be it earning the bread or being the househusband). No offense intended, Shiemi.

So no, I have no qualms about girls being a little materialistic since it's a matter of ensuring a decent standard of living for the future; but when a lot of the things one hears from the mouths of the girls around him tend to revolve around shopping, fashions, brands, spending money, having fun, marrying rich guys and pretty much little else, it's hard not to develop a rather low opinion of the local girls where their calibre is concerned.
I can't believe they're all like that I understand you would find a lot of girls talking like that, in fact I saw a lot of that here in Portugal before I entered college so I can understand but now I don't see that as much... unfortunately I see a lot more of the importance being placed on drinking and going out so I can't really say it's better...

Oh well, my point is that probably it's just a local thing. Maybe the big population centers have become that way but I'm willing to bet that there are still a lot of decent girls and probably some of them just go along with that type of conversation to fit in and not because that's what they really think. (Or at least I want to believe that )