Thread: Dating
View Single Post
Old 2009-10-19, 03:55   Link #1957
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Spoiler for OT:

Although I would like to believe that Singaporean females are not like that, what I have ACTUALLY experienced is making me look like some self-deluded fool. Consequently, despite hanging out with them back in school, some of my male friends commented during our guy outings that these girls are so backstabbing and materialistic, constantly shopping for clothes and criticising other girls during almost every outing or hanging out after school. DOTA and Warcraft matches have become a common excuse not to go watch movies with them because we just couldn't stand them.

IMO, I feel that it is pragmatism misinterpreted from the female's perspective. Here, working hard is espoused as the only road to success (bull, luck and streetsmart plays a part too), hence it is often summarised that chasing after the paper is that down-to-earth method. Subsequently, the paper evolved not only to educational accreditation, but also the paper currency : money. What the females feel about intimate relationships is giving herself to the guy, and thus what she wants is security, especially in the financial area because of the incredible power of money.

Consequently, the general society are spoiling them. Due to the fact that all guys here have to go through National Service, the "get that job done and over with" mentality is locked into their heads, thus their general ignorance towards what is taken from them. Coupled with the sheltered life these girls have, it eventually leads to a "take more than give" subconscious that when provoked, could lead to serious consequences. So while a "f*** you" could generate a "my mouth or my back?" from a male, the word "b*t**" said to a female can lead to altercations lasting months.

Ultimately, the fast paced and high stress education system removed an important element in the females, character. Many I have seen are just mild salt, sugar, pepper or flour, the taste isn't even there. The guys are not that bad, their real characters flourish in National Service (I know of a quiet Nagato-type otaku becoming an officer cadet), but the females just live as they are for quite a long time. Character building and accepting other characters is very important in relationships, any side lacking in it could put slack in the ties that bind.

Despite having said all that, I will keep holding the doors open for them and listen in during their politicising talk, and occasionally let the word "b*t**" slip when they go too far. I don't like to be proven wrong, and I don't intend to be proven wrong about my belief that this is the epitome of the modern female.

@ Narona :
Do girls really like those kind of long boring phrases? I wonder if (pardon me, I just picked this out of a French dict with some help from BBF) :

vous êtes la chose la plus mignonne que j'ai jamais placé mes yeux dessus

works.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote